M20764 Administering a SQL Database Infrastructure Training Course & Certification
Audience & Prerequisites
Schedule & Fees
M20764 Administering a SQL Database Infrastructure Training
In this course, professionals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases and who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases will gain the knowledge and skills to administer a SQL server database infrastructure.
This course incorporates material from the Official Microsoft Learning Product 20764: Administering a SQL Database Infrastructure and can assist you in preparing for the 70-764: Administering a SQL Database Infrastructure exam.
Objectives of Administering a SQL Database Infrastructure training
- Authenticate and authorize users.
- Assign server and database roles.
- Authorize users to access resource.
- Protect data with encryption and auditing.
- Recovery models and backup strategies.
- Back up SQL Server databases.
- Restore SQL Server databases.
- Automate database management.
- Configure security for the SQL Server agent.
- Manage alerts and notifications.
- Manage SQL Server using PowerShell.
- Trace access to SQL Server.
- Monitor a SQL Server infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot a SQL Server infrastructure.
- Import and export data.
Intended Audience of Administering a SQL Database Infrastructure course
- Individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases, performing database administration and maintenance as their primary area of responsibility, or who work in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job.
- Individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
Prerequisites for Administering a SQL Database Infrastructure certification
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Some experience with database design.
Course Outline Duration: 5 Days
1. SQL Server Security
- Authenticating connections to SQL Server
- Authorizing logins to access databases
- Authorization across servers
- Partially contained databases
2. Assigning Server and Database Roles
- Working with server roles
- Working with fixed database roles
- Creating user-defined database roles
3. Authorizing Users to Access Resources
- Authorizing user access to objects
- Authorizing users to execute code
- Configuring permissions at the schema level
4. Protecting Data with Encryption and Auditing
- Options for auditing data access in SQL Server
- Implementing SQL Server audit
- Managing SQL Server audit
- Protecting data with encryption
5. Recovery Models and Backup Strategies
- Understanding Backup strategies
- SQL Server transaction login
- Planning a SQL Server backup strategy
6. Backup of SQL Server Databases
- Backing up databases and transaction logs
- Managing database backups
- Working with backup options
7. Restoring SQL Server 2016 Databases
- The restore process
- Restoring databases
- Working with point-in-time recovery
- Advanced Restore Scenarios
8. Automating SQL Server Management
- Working with SQL Server agent
- Managing SQL Server agent jobs
- Multiserver management
- 9. Configuring Security for SQL Server Agent
- SQL Server Agent Security
- Configuring credentials
- Configuring proxy accounts
10. Monitoring SQL Server with Alerts and Notifications
- Configuring database mail
- Monitoring SQL Server errors
- Configuring operators, alerts and notifications
- Alerts in Azure SQL database
11. Introduction to Managing SQL Server by Using PowerShell
- Configure SQL Server using PowerShell
- Administer and Maintain SQL Server using PowerShell
- Managing Azure SQL Server databases using PowerShell
12. Tracing Access to SQL Server with Extended Events
- Extended Events Core Concepts
- Working with Extended Events
13. Monitoring SQL Server
- Monitoring activity
- Capturing and managing performance data
- Analyzing collected performance data
- SQL Server utility
14. Troubleshooting SQL Server
- SQL Server troubleshooting methodology
- Resolving service related issues
- Resolving login and connectivity issues
15. Importing and Exporting Data
- Transferring data to/from SQL Server
- Importing and exporting table data
- Using BCP and BULK INSERT to import data
- Deploying and upgrading data-tier applications
For more info kindly Contact Us.
Give Your Reviews on this Course