Cobit Foundation Training Course & Certification
Audience & Prerequisites
Schedule & Fees
Cobit Foundation Training Course Overview
This Cobit Foundation course is a three day, PEOPLECERT-accredited course, which looks at the drivers for this latest version of COBIT. The five basic principles on which COBIT 5 is founded and the enablers for governance and management of enterprise IT which support the integration between the goals, objectives, controls and processes of the business and IT. The course includes an introduction to COBIT 5 implementation and the concepts relating to the Process Assessment Model.
This Cobit Foundation course comprises lectures, group discussion, assignments, a sample examination paper and other guidance to prepare attendees for the PEOPLECERT-accredited examination. The Cobit Foundation course activities are reinforced through the trainer’s proven implementation track record. The course content is based on COBIT 5, including the framework and other supporting documentation.
Objectives of Cobit Foundation Training
At the conclusion of the course attendees will understand:
- The major drivers for the development of a Framework
- The business benefits of using COBIT® 5
- The COBIT® 5 Product Architecture.
- The IT management issues and challenges that affect enterprises.
- The 5 Key Principles of COBIT® 5 for the governance and management of Enterprise IT
- How COBIT® 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise.
- The key concepts in a Process Capability Assessment and the key attributes of the COBIT® 5 PAM (Process Assessment Model)
- How the COBIT® 5 processes and the Process Reference Model (PRM) help guide the creation of the 5 Principles and the 7 Governance and Management Enablers.
The COBIT® 5 Foundation certificate is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the COBIT® 5 guidance to:
- Be able to understand the enterprise Governance and Management of Enterprise IT
- Create awareness with their business executives and senior IT Management
- Assess the current state of their Enterprise IT with the objective of scoping the aspects of COBIT® 5, which would be appropriate to implement.
Intended Audience for Cobit Foundation Course
COBIT® 5 is aimed at organizations of all sizes and all sectors. It is ideal for professionals involved in assurance, security, risk, privacy/compliance and business leaders and stakeholders involved in or affected by governance and management of information and IT systems, such as:
- IT Managers
- IT Quality Professionals
- IT Auditors
- IT Consultants
- IT Developers
- IT Operational Management
- IT Business Leadership Management
- Managers in IT Service providing firms
Prerequisites for Cobit Foundation Certification
There are no formal prerequisites. However, it is recommended that you have experience in the IT governance domain.
Course Outline Duration: 3 Days
- The business case for COBIT 5
- The key differences between COBIT 4.1 and COBIT 5
- Meeting Stakeholder Needs
- Covering the Enterprise End to End
- Applying a Single Integrated Framework
- Enabling a Holistic Approach
- Separating Governance From Management
- Principles, Policies, and Frameworks
- Organizational Structures
- Culture, Ethics and Behavior
- Services, Infrastructure, and Applications
- People, Skills, and Competencies
- What are the Drivers?
- Where are we now?
- Where do we want to be?
- What needs to be done?
- How do we get there?
- Did we get there?
- How do we keep the momentum going?
- Essential elements of the model
- Differences between the COBIT 4.1 Maturity Model and the COBIT 5 Process Capability Model
- Performing a capability assessment
Please write to us at [email protected] & contact us at +91-9870480053 for the course price & certification cost, schedule & location
For more info kindly contact us.