Audience & Prerequisites
Schedule & Fees
DB2 Family Fundamentals
This course provides you with information about the functions of IBM’s DB2, a relational database manager which may be installed under a variety of operating systems on many hardware platforms.DB2 runs under the z/OS, VM, Linux, UNIX, and Windows operating systems, to name a few.
The course includes discussion of how the DB2 products provide services. The focus is on the services DB2 provides and how we work with DB2, not on its internal workings.
- List and describe the major components of IBM’s relational database, DB2
- Explain the characteristics of a DB2 table
- Relate the basic concepts of data modeling
- Comprehend the processing instructions given to DB2 via simple SQL statements
- List and describe several ways to build (write) and execute SQL statements
- List and describe steps needed to imbed SQL statements in an application program
- Explain some of the functions performed by, and the responsibilities of, database and system administrators
- Establish a base for more specialized DB2 education
This basic course is for persons needing an introductory knowledge of DB2, and persons preparing for advanced and specialized DB2 education
Course Outline Duration: 2 Days
Understanding a Table
- Identify the advantages of a relational database
- Define a relation
- Name the language used to talk to a relational database manager (RDBM)
- List three characteristics assigned to each column
- Define the tasks performed by DB2 when running an application
- Define the roles that are performed within DB2
Data Modeling and Database Design
- State the purpose of a business model
- Identify an Entity-Relational Diagram (ERD) model
- List several DB2 column data types
- Identify non-standard column and table names
- Identify the characteristics of a primary key and a foreign key
- State the purpose of referential integrity
- State the purpose of triggers
How does a User use DB2?
- List several ways to talk to DB2
- List multiple ways to generate an SQL statement
- List several ways to ADD, REMOVE, or CHANGE table rows
- List several ways to READ data and produce reports
How does a Programmer use DB2?
- List the steps needed to create a test environment
- List the necessary steps to coding SQL in a program
- Describe the purpose of SQL delimiters
- Describe the purpose of an SQLCA
- List the steps involved in preparing a program for execution
- State the differences between static and dynamic SQL
What does an Administrator do in DB2?
- List some of the tasks performed by a DB2 System Administrator: Identifying the DB2 product, Installing DB2, Creating subsystems/instances, databases and table spaces, Authorizing, and Monitoring
- List some of the tasks performed by a DB2 Database Administrator: Creating, altering and dropping tables, views and indexes, Planning locking strategies, Running utility jobs and Authorizing
Information Management with DB2
- List several planning considerations for distributing data
- List some of the skills required to successfully distribute data
- Differentiate between remote unit of work, distributed unit of work, and distributed request
- List some of the security concerns when dealing with distributed data
- List some of the other products that interface with DB2
- Understanding a Table
- Data Modeling and Database Design
- How does a User use DB2?
- How does a Programmer use DB2?
- What does an Administrator do in DB2?
- Information Management with DB2
Please write to us at email@example.com & contact us at +91-9870480053 for the course price & certification cost, schedule & location
For more info kindly contact us.
Give Your Reviews on this Course