Audience & Prerequisites
Schedule & Fees
HP Software Automation Testing Training
Program started by HP, named as HP-SU (Software University). 70% of the software testing in the market is done with the help of HP designed Automation tools. This program specially designed on industry oriented patterns and have all the necessary concepts and contexts in software testing field. Concentrates on Manual and Automation testing of GUI and API based applications, along with highly used HP automation tools.
- Introduction to Testing:
In which students will understand the basic concepts of testing an application by understanding SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle) and work on STLC (Software Testing Lifecycle). This program defines different SDLC models and levels of testing, different types of testing, How to get the requirements from the clients and who is a QA? And what its role? In the process. Also concentrates on the Risk assessment on the ongoing projects and afterwards creating necessary documents (Test Plan, Test Case and RTM). Execution of test cases are done to get the results and check whether we got the expected outcome or not. We will also discuss on types of testing (Manual & Automation) and generate KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) for Quality Assurance.
- Unified Functional Testing (UFT / QTP):
It’s an automation tool developed by HP to check the functionality of GUI or API based applications. As it’s an automation tool, it creates VB scripts to do testing. Student will learn skills to create new scripts, modify scripts to enhance testing. In enhancements, which will add intelligence and flexibility into a script, including synchronization, checkpoints, and parametrization.
Later in the course, participants adopt principles frequently followed by developers as they design more sophisticated test scripts. To increase the reusability they will be creating reusable actions, function libraries, and shared object repositories, participants will be armed with a skill set applicable for testing nearly any type of application.
- Virtual User Generator (VuGen):
Performance testing needs sync. effort towards the AUT to put load, which is very troublesome or one could get no more than 30%-40% of the performance result with manual efforts. To overcome this kind of situations and to get at least of 90%-95% of test result, performance tester use VuGen to create Vuser scripts. Vugen records the interaction between Client/Server (communications), to capture the sending and receiving data. It uses C language interpreter to record the SUT process, which creates a C script. In the beginning it starts with recording actions to define the behaviour and action of virtual users working in C/S architecture.
After the basic script been designed, then it switches to enhancement of the script in that it Parameterize (Prevent Data Caching) and creates Verification points (Checks Server Response). This will add intelligence and flexibility into a script. This Vugen course is designed to give hands-on working knowledge for checking the behaviour of application under heavy load using automation tool.
- Load Runner (LR):
To perform Non-Functional testing like Performance testing, performance testers use automation tools like LoadRunner. It is used to generate precise load over the Server to check the performance of an SUT (Server under test).
LoadRunner is package software consists of three software tools:
- Virtual User Generator (VuGen)
Load Runner enables a performance tester to create Vusers (Virtual Users) to put acute load on the servers with respect to different performance testing techniques like Load testing, Stress testing, Endurance testing, Volume testing etc.
- Application Lifecycle Management (ALM):
Focuses on the basics of Application Lifecycle Management which will help you to manage complete lifecycle of application development and testing stage. In the beginning the course will starts working on Administrative part of Application Lifecycle Management which allows user to create and manage projects and users along with user rights. After admin part user will go through application lifecycle from Release for defining time duration of complete lifecycle, Requirement to define application functionality, Test Plan will be helpful to plan the testing process and condition, Test Lab will allow users to execute test plan on application, Defect module for creating and managing defects and Dashboard view which will be responsible to generate reports and graphs for better analysis of application.
- Fresh user
- Any graduation passed student
- Knowledge of SDLC or STLC
- Manual/Automation Tester
- Project manager
- Quality Centre/ALM Administrators
- Quality Assurance Leads
- Performance Engineers
- Knowledge of Windows
- Knowledge of MS Office or relevant software
- Understands Application software processes
- Websites and browser settings
- Testing Concepts – For ALM
Course Outline Duration: 8 Days
- Introduction to Testing
- Understanding SDLC & STCL
- Levels of testing
- Different types of testing (White Box & Black Box)
- Understanding requirement engineering
- Creating Test Data, Test Rules and Test Cases to test an AUT
- Types of testing (Manual & Automation testing)
- Effort estimation and Risk Analysis
- Generating KPI’s for planning and tracking
- UFT / QTP – Unified Functional Testing
- Understanding the use of UFT
- Workflow of UFT
- Record and Reply the script
- Creating and modifying a basic VB script
- Enhancing the basic script by applying – Parameterization, Checkpoints, Regular Expressions, and Synchronization Point.
- Analysing results
- VuGen – Virtual User Generator
- Understanding the need of Performance testing tool
- Understanding C/S architecture
- Creating script in C with the help of protocol advisor function
- Different types of recording (HTML & URL)
- Applying – Transaction point, Parameterization & Verification point to enhance the script
- Using Correlation to maintain dynamic data
- Using Rendezvous point to put acute load on server
- Analysing results
- LR – Load Runner
- Understanding function of Load Runner
- Importing VuGen scripts to Controller
- Creating Scenarios
- Understanding the difference between Manual and Goal Oriented Scenarios
- Creating Manual Scenario
- Defining Virtual User settings (Ramp-Up , Ramp-Down, Duration of test)
- Defining SLA (Service Level Agreement)
- Executing Scenario
- Tracking the process with the help of RTM (Real Time Monitoring) function
- Analysing result in Analyzer
- ALM – Application Lifecycle Management
- Advantage of ALM in SDLC or STLC
- Creating Domain, Projects and Users in Site Administrator
- Create releases, cycles and construct requirements
- Analyse risks associated with requirements
- Organize tests & subjects in a test plan tree
- Design and create test plans
- Generate test scripts from design steps
- Create test sets, Execute manual & automated tests
- Record & track test execution results
- Log and manage defects
- Generate graphs & reports using the dashboard
Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org & contact us at +91-9870480053 for the course price & certification cost, schedule & location
After completing HP Automation Testing Training candidates have to give HP3-S01 Exam.
For more info kindly contact us.