ISO 20000 for Auditors Training Courses & Certification
Audience & Prerequisites
ISO 20000 for Auditors Training Course
Clients request that their (internal or external) IT Service Providers can prove that they are able to provide the required service quality and have appropriate service management processes in place.Based on processes, ISO/IEC20000 is an internationally recognized standard for IT Service Management that specifies requirements for the service provider to plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and improve an SMS. The requirements include the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services to fulfill agreed service requirements.
ISO/IEC20000 certification is awarded after audits conducted by Registered Certification Bodies, which ensure that a service provider designs, implements and manages an IT Service Management system in line with the requirements of the standard.The purpose of the ISO/IEC 20000 Auditor course is to provide sufficient understanding of ITSM generally and knowledge of the contents and requirements of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard to be able to perform audits against the standard.
The course covers the second edition of the standard (ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011) which cancels and replaces the first edition (ISO/IEC 20000-1:2005).
Some of the main differences are as follows:
- closer alignment to ISO 9001
- closer alignment to ISO/IEC 27001
- change of terminology to reflect international usage
- clarification of the requirements for the governance of processes operated by other parties
- clarification of the requirements for defining the scope of the SMS
- clarification that the PDCA methodology applies to the SMS, including the service management processes, and the services
- introduction of new requirements for the design and transition of new or changed services
Students who have attended this course are suitably prepared to successfully take the associated ISO/IEC 20000 Auditor certification test.
Objectives of ISO 20000 for Auditors
At the end of this course the student will be able to understand the principles of ITSM and the requirements of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard, how it is used in a typical IT service provider organization, together with the main elements of the certification Scheme.
Specifically, the student will understand:
- The background to ISO/IEC 20000
- The scope and purpose of Parts 1, 2, 3 and 5 of ISO/IEC 20000 and how these can be used during auditing and certification
- The key terms and definitions used
- ITSM general principles
- The structure and application of ISO/ IEC 20000-1
- The requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Applicability and scope definition requirements
- The purpose of internal and external audits, their operation and the associated terminology
- The operation of the APMG Certification
- The relationship with best practices and related standards – specifically ITIL®, ISO 9001 and ISO/IEC 27001
Intended Audience for ISO 20000 for Auditors Course
- Internal auditors and expert advisors in Service Management
- Auditors wanting to perform and lead Service Management System (SMS) certification audits
- Project managers or consultants wanting to master the SMS audit process
- Individuals responsible for the information technology service conformity in an organization
- Technical experts wanting to prepare for an SMS audit function.
Prerequisites for ISO 20000 for Auditors Certification
A fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 20000 and comprehensive knowledge of audit principles.
For more info kindly contact us.
Give Your Reviews on this Course