ISO 20000 Practitioner Training Course & Certification
Audience & Prerequisites
ISO 20000 Practitioner Training Course
Clients request that their (internal or external) IT Service Providers can prove that they are able to provide the required service quality and have appropriate service management processes in place. Based on processes, ISO/IEC20000 is an internationally recognized standard for IT Service Management that specifies requirements for the service provider to plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and improve an SMS. The requirements include the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services to fulfill agreed service requirements.
ISO/IEC20000 certification is awarded after audits conducted by Registered Certification Bodies, which ensure that a service provider designs, implements and manages an IT Service Management system in line with the requirements of the standard.
This course provides sufficient understanding of ISO/IEC 20000 and its application to be able to analyze and apply the gained knowledge to a range of activities that would support organizations in conforming to the requirements of Part 1, and achieving and retaining ISO/IEC 20000 certification.
The course covers the second edition of the standard (ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011) which cancels and replaces the first edition (ISO/IEC 20000-1:2005).
Some of the main differences are as follows:
- closer alignment to ISO 9001
- closer alignment to ISO/IEC 27001
- change of terminology to reflect international usage
- clarification of the requirements for the governance of processes operated by other parties
- clarification of the requirements for defining the scope of the SMS
- clarification that the PDCA methodology applies to the SMS, including the service management processes, and the services
- introduction of new requirements for the design and transition of new or changed Services
Students who have attended this course are suitably prepared to successfully take the associated ISO/IEC 20000 Practitioner certification test.
Objectives of ISO 20000 Practitioner Training
At the end of this course the student will be able to understand and be able to analyse and apply the content of ISO/IEC 20000 within currently certified organizations or those wishing to implement an SMS in preparation for initial certification.
Specifically, the student will be able to:
- Understand the purpose, use and application of Parts 1, 2, 3 and 5 of the standard
- Assist and advise organizations in the achievement of conformance to ISO/IEC 20000-1 and certification
- Understand, explain and advise on issues regarding applicability, eligibility and scope definition
- Understand and explain the relationship between ISO/IEC 20000 and ITSM best practices in common use and related standards
- Explain and apply the requirements of Part 1
- Explain the use of technology and tools to support the implementation and improvement of an SMS, the achievement of certification and the ongoing demonstration of conformance to Part 1
- Advise and assist in ISO/IEC 20000 certification readiness assessments
- Produce a gap analysis supported by an improvement and implementation plan
- Understand, create and apply a service management plan
- Assist and advise organizations on the implementation of continual improvement processes
- Prepare organizations for an ISO/IEC 20000 certification audit using the regulations of the APMG Certification Scheme.
Intended Audience for of ISO 20000 Practitioner Course
This qualification is aimed at professionals, managers and consultants who hold key roles in the production and/or operational management of a service management system based on ISO/IEC 20000.
Prerequisites for of ISO 20000 Practitioner Certification
Participants must have a basic knowledge of the principles and processes of IT Service Management.
The knowledge base in this area are such as those acquired in a course ITIL® Foundation or ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation.
For more info kindly contact us.
Give Your Reviews on this Course