ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation Training Course & Certification
Audience & Prerequisites
ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation Training Course Overview
This accredited ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation course prepares candidates for the foundation qualification. It provides the knowledge required to gain an understanding of the content and requirements of the ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 international standard for IT service management (ITSM). Find out how the practices can be adopted by an organization to deliver managed services, continually improve those services and achieve certification to ISO/IEC 20000-1.ISO/IEC 20000 is the international standard for IT service management (ITSM). It defines the requirements for and provides details of the IT service management system (SMS) needed to deliver managed services of an acceptable quality, together with guidance on how to demonstrate conformity with the standard
This 3-day course is aimed at those wishing to demonstrate a Foundation-level knowledge concerning ISO/IEC 20000 and its use in a typical IT service provider organization. This qualification does not provide the advanced level of knowledge for external auditors, consultants or those responsible for managing implementation of the standard in a service provider organization. Auditors, consultants and implementers may want to consider the APMG Practitioner or Auditor courses which provide more detail on the use of the standard. The APMG certification exam, which is a multiple-choice exam, can be conducted at the end of the course.
Objectives of ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation Training
At the end of this course the student will be able to understand the scope, objectives and high level requirements of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard, how it is used in a typical IT service provider organization, together with the main elements of the certification process. Specifically, the student will understand:
- The background to ISO IEC 20000
- The scope and purpose of Parts 1, 2, 3 and 5 of ISO IEC 20000 and how these can be used
- The key terms and definitions used
- The fundamental requirements for an SMS and the need for continual improvement
- The processes, their objectives and high level requirements in a typical IT service provider scenario
- Applicability and scope definition requirements
- The purpose of internal and external audits, their operation and the associated terminology
- The operation of the APMG Certification Scheme
- The relationship with best practices and related standards
Intended Audience for ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation Course
The course is aimed at staff in internal and external service provider organizations who require a basic understanding of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard and its content. It will provide:
- Service owners, process owners and other service management staff with an awareness of and understanding of service management based on the ISO/IEC 20000 standard
- Individuals with the knowledge to understand the ISO/IEC 20000 standard and how it within their own organization
- Managers and team leaders with a knowledge of a typical ISO/IEC 20000 Service management system (SMS)
- Internal auditors, process owners, process reviewers and assessors with a good knowledge of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard, its contents and need for internal reviews, assessments and audits
- Evidence that delegates have achieved a foundation level of knowledge of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard
This qualification does not provide the advanced level of knowledge for external auditors, consultants or those responsible for managing implementation of the standard in a service provider organization. Auditors, consultants and implementers may want to consider the APMG Practitioner or Auditor courses which provide more detail on the use of the standard.
Prerequisites for ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation Certification
There are no pre-requisites for this course as such, although the ITIL® V3 Foundation Certificate is strongly recommended.
For more info kindly contact us.