ITIL v3 Intermediate OSA ( Operational Support and Analysis ) training Course & Certification
Audience & Prerequisites
Schedule & Fees
ITIL v3 Intermediate OSA Training Course Overview
The ITIL® 2011 Intermediate Qualification: Operational Support and Analysis (OSA) Certificate is a free-standing qualification but is also part of the ITIL® Intermediate Capability stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL® Expert Certificate in IT Service Management. The purpose of this training module and certificate is, to impart knowledge on industry practices in service management as documented in the ITIL® Service Lifecycle core publications. The ITIL® Certificate in Operational Support and Analysis is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply OSA practices in resolution and support of the Service Management Lifecycle.
Intended Audience for ITIL v3 Intermediate OSA
The Operational Support and Analysis qualification would suit candidates in the following IT professions or areas:
- Capacity Manager
- Availability Manager
- Change Manager
- Security Administrator
- Applications Support
- IT Operations Manager
- Network Control and Operation
- Network Support
- Business Continuity Manager
- Security Manager
- Service Portfolio Manager
- Supplier Relationship Manager.
- The value to the business of OSA activities and how OSA activities support the Service Lifecycle
- Optimizing Service Operation performance
- How the processes in OSA interact with other Service Lifecycle processes
- How to use and measure the OSA processes, activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- The importance of IT security and its contributions to OSA
- Understanding the technology and implementation considerations surrounding OSA
- The challenges, critical success factors (CSFs) and risks associated with OSA
- Specific emphasis on the processes and roles included in:
- Event management, defines detectable occurrences of significance for IT Infrastructure Management or the delivery of an IT service
- Incident Management, has the capability to bring services back to normal operations as soon as possible and according to agreed service levels
- Request Fulfilment, fulfils a request providing quick and effective access to standard services to improve business productivity or the quality of business services and products
- Problem Management, prevents problems and incidents from happening, eliminating recurring incidents and minimizing the impact of incidents that cannot be prevented
- Access management, grants authorized users the right to use a service while
preventing access to non-authorized users.
- Operational activities of processes covered in other Lifecycle stages such as: Change Management, Service Asset and Configuration Management, Release and Deployment Management, Capacity Management, Availability Management, Knowledge Management, Financial Management for IT Services, IT Service Continuity Management.
- Organizing for Service Operation which describes roles and functions to be performed within the Service Operation and Support such as Service Desk, Technical Management, IT Operations Management and Application Management.
- Number of Questions: 8 Questions per paper
- Duration: 90 minutes for all candidates in their respective language
- Passing Score: 28 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) – 70%
- Test Format: Multiple Choice
For more info kindly contact us.
Give Your Reviews on this Course