Red Hat JBoss Development: Persistence with Hibernate ( JB297 ) Training Course & Certification
Audience & Prerequisites
Schedule & Fees
Red Hat JBoss Development : Persistence with Hibernate Course
By the end of the course, students will have learned the best practices to leverage Hibernate to produce and maintain well-designed, robust business applications while optimizing performance and reducing software maintenance costs
Objectives of JB297 Training
- Core application programing interfaces for Hibernate (Session, Transaction, Query, EntityManager, SessionFactory, Annotations)
- Hibernate Search, Validation, Shards, and Tools technologies
- Mapping inheritance and polymorphic relationships
- Hibernate HQL, Criteria, and JDBC/SQL queries
- Hibernate Tools integrated development environment (IDE)
- Best practices and patterns for Hibernate developers
- Hibernate deployment, configuration, and performance tuning
Audience of JB297 Course
- Enterprise systems architects
- Experienced Java developers who work with SQL-based database systems
- Business component and database developers
- Database administrators who need to understand how ORM may affect performance and how to tune the performance of the SQL database management system and persistence layer
Prerequisites for JB297 Certification
- Experience with Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) or Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EE™)
- A high-level understanding of enterprise software systems development
- An understanding of legacy systems integration
Course Outline 4 Days
- Learn how Hibernate effectively answers the question of how to represent relational data in an object-oriented environment.
- Deploy a simple application leveraging core Hibernate mappings and persistence features.
- Use available JBoss Developer Studio Hibernate tooling to analyze a project’s domain objects.
- Extend Hibernate Entities with built-in and user-defined types and develop robust identifiers.
- Use advanced relational mappings to manage uni- and bi-directional associations, and map Java inheritance to database tables.
- Examine how Hibernate manages the relationship between the data in a table and the values in an entity, and associate these state changes with a unit of work.
- Learn how to leverage Hibernate fetching strategies, query options, and filters to produce efficient queries.
- Learn the basics of Hibernate design patterns and best practices and how to apply them to build efficient Hibernate systems.
- Use Hibernate’s highly adaptable framework in a variety of application types, from simple Java standalone applications to full-fledged Java Enterprise class deployments.
- Learn about Hibernate’s advanced tooling to assist developers in the areas of testing, validation, search, and spanning database instances.
Recommended next exam or course
Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Persistence exam (EX297)
- The Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Persistence exam tests whether candidates are ready for the real-world responsibilities of creating and maintaining Java™ applications that use the Java Persistence API (JPA) with JBoss® Hibernate®.
- This course prepares you for these credentials
- Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Persistence
- Demonstrate your readiness for the real-world tasks associated with using the Java Persistence API with Hibernate
Give Your Reviews on this Course