PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner Training Course & Certification
Audience & Prerequisites
Schedule & Fees
Prince2 Foundation & Practitioner Training Course
PRINCE2® (Projects IN Controlled Environments), is a widely used project management method that navigates you through all the essentials for running a successful project. PRINCE2® is a flexible method and is aimed at all types of projects. PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner course will acquaint professionals with this de facto standard developed and used extensively by the UK government and used in the private sector internationally. It embodies established and proven best practices in project management. This course will prepare you for both PRINCE2® Foundation and PRINCE2® Practitioner and the benefits of obtaining this certification will far outweight the prince2 certification cost.
Objectives of PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner Training
- Understand the need for project management
- Plan, organize and implement PRINCE2 projects
- Delegate tasks and run a project in a controlled manner
- Managing risks effectively so that they don’t affect the project adversely
- Ensure that the delivered project meets the requirements and benefits the organisation
Intended Audience for PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner Course
PRINCE2 certification is meant for managers and professionals who wish to acquire expertise in project management by applying certain guidelines and best practices as mentioned in PRINCE2 standard.
Prerequisite for PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner Certification
General Knowledge of Project Management.
Course Outline Duration: 3 Days
- Structured Approach to Managing Projects
- Setting the scene for a structured approach to managing all projects, project success criteria, the model of the PRINCE2® method including the integrated elements of principles, processes, themes and tailoring.
- The Process-based Approach
- PRINCE2® focuses on key processes needed for successful project management which must be present, but may be ‘tailored’ to reflect the complexity, scope and risks faced by the project. PRINCE2® Process Model will be used to help delegates understand and appreciate what should be done to manage each project, why it should be done and when in the project lifecycle.
- Business Case
- What is a Business Case, Outcomes, Outputs, Benefits and Dis-benefits, Developing, Verifying and Maintaining the Business Case; confirming the benefits and the Benefits Review Plan
- Project Management Team Structure and the Project Board, Project Assurance, Project Manager, Team Manager, Change Authority and Project Support roles & responsibilities. Stakeholder management, Communication Management Strategy.
- Levels and content of Plans, Exception Plans, Product-based approach to planning – Project Product Description, Product Breakdown Structure, Product Description, Product Flow Diagram; the PRINCE2® planning steps.
- Management and Technical Stages, Tolerance and Raising Exceptions, Project Board and Project Manager Controls for Reviewing and Reporting Progress, Baselines for Control, Capturing and Reporting Lessons, Event-driven and time-driven controls.
- Issue and Change Control procedure, Configuration Management procedure, Configuration Management Strategy, Baseline, Handling changes, Tracking and protecting products, Change Authority and Change Budget.
- Quality Defined, The Quality Audit Trial, Acceptance Criteria, Quality Criteria, Quality Management Strategy, Quality Assurance, Quality Controls and Quality Review technique.
- Risk and Risk Management, Risk Management in Projects, Risk Management Strategy, Risk Management Procedure and Risk Budget.
- A project scenario runs throughout the course from start to finish. A comprehensive set of tasks help provide a practical application of the method. Many tasks are designed to help delegates link the four integrated elements of PRINCE2® – Principles, Processes, Themes and Tailoring. There are also sample exam questions for delegates to practice on before sitting the Foundation exam
Please write to us at email@example.com & contact us at +91-9870480053 for the course price & certification cost, schedule & location
- Objective testing
- 8 questions – 10 question items per question, each worth one mark
- 44 marks or more required to pass (out of 80 available) – 55%
- Two-and-a-half hours (150 minutes) duration, no additional reading time
- Open book exam (official PRINCE2 manual only)
For more info kindly contact us.