On completion of course materials (RH124 & RH134 Courses), students should be prepared to take the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam. This version of the course includes the exam.
Note: This course builds on a student’s existing understanding of command-line based Linux system administration. Students should be able to execute common commands using the shell, work with common command options, and access man pages for help. Students lacking this knowledge are strongly encouraged to take Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) and II (RH134) instead.
Objectives of RH199 Training
1. Managing users and groups, files, and file permissions
2. Updating software packages with yum
3. Managing and troubleshooting systemd services during the boot process
4. Network configuration and basic troubleshooting
5. Managing local storage and creating and using file systems
6. Firewall management with firewalld
7. Managing kernel-based virtual machines (KVMs)
8. Automating installation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux using Kickstart