Setup Lab for RHCSA
Firstly, you require a clone Operating System for RHCSA, for example, CentOS, Fedora or RHEL 7(in this case you require a membership). I will by and by propose you to utilize CentOS Project as it gives practically every components as Red Hat Enterprise Linux however with no support for enterprise and a membership for RHN. If you don't mind stay away from Fedora for this.
CentOS can be introduced both on physical and virtual hardware.
- 512Mb of RAM
- A 4GB hard disk
- A network card
The former prerequisite will permit you to run an insignificant installation of CentOS. Yet, in the event that you need play out every one of the errands for RHCSA exam , the negligible prerequisites ought to be:
- 64-bit platform supportable
- 1GB of RAM
- A DVD drive
- A network Card
I will recommend you to make three unique servers, named as:
- Server 1
- Server 2
Server 1 is a base CentOS installation and Server 2 is utilized when customer server usefulness should be tried. The FreeIPA server is required for undertakings identified with confirmation and Network File System(NFS).
To setup a lab, I will propose you to utilize some desktop virtualization arrangement, for example, VMware or Oracle Virtual Box. This gives the elements, for example, previews (empower you to effectively return to a past condition of the configuration). You can likewise introduce on a genuine hardware yet it is less adaptable.
Ventures for playing out a Manual Installation to setup RHCSA LAB
- Take your installation DVD or USB and boot the PC in which you need to introduce CentOS.
- You will see the CentOS boot menu: Choose Install CentOS 7
- Once the base system from which you will play out the installation has been stacked, you will see the Welcome to CentOS 7 screen. From this screen you can choose dialect and console settings as indicated by your design.
- In the wake of choosing the console and dialect settings , you will see the installation rundown screen. From this screen you determine all settings you need to utilize. This screen has seven unique alternatives:
- Date and Time
- Languages Support
- Installation Source
- Software Selection
- Installation Destination
- Network and Hostname
- Alternatives Date & Time, Console and Language Support and configured prior moreover. As you are booting from Local Media, the installation Souce ought to be Local Media.
- From Software Selection choice, select the Server with GUI alternative. What's more, there is no compelling reason to choose add-on as we can introduce them later. ( May be a few people would state "genuine overseers manage charge line yet get ready for RHCSA and RHCE exams is not about being a genuine director.)
- Presently at the Installation Destination choice select I will arrange parceling. Ensure that you have chosen the disk you need to utilize. ( Additionally , abandon some stockpiling for a set up that utilizations LVM. Snap Done.
- From this screen, click + to include new disk gadgets. For setting up the condition that is required in this course, I prescribe utilizing the accompanying disk design (in light of a 20GB hard disk)
- /boot mounted on a XFS designed customary parcel, measure 500MB
- A XFS organized coherent volume with a size of 10GB that is mounted on/
- A 1GB intelligent volume that is utilized as swap space.
- Prior to the configuration is resolved to disk, you'll see a screen demonstrating a rundown of the progressions that you have connected. On the off chance that everything looks great, click Accept Changes to compose your configuration. 10.
- The last some portion of the installation outline permits you to set up networking. See that you should arrange something. In the event that you don't do anything, your server won't have the capacity to interface with any network. From the Installation Summary screen, click Network and Hostname to set up networking.
- Presently set up the root password and User Creation. Attempt to put a simple password, for example, "understudy".
- After installation, Reboot.
Play out the same for Server 2.