Duration: 5 Days
Red Hat System Administration III: Linux Automation (RH294) is designed for Linux® system administrators and developers who need to automate provisioning, configuration, application deployment, and orchestration. You will learn how to install and configure Ansible® on a management workstation; prepare managed hosts for automation; write Ansible Playbooks to automate tasks; and run playbooks to ensure servers are correctly deployed and configured.
IT automation is key to managing large numbers of systems and applications efficiently and consistently at scale. This course develops the skills needed to efficiently operate and more easily scale the organization’s dynamic IT infrastructure, accelerate application time to value, and rapidly adapt and implement needed innovation through DevOps practices.
1. Install and configure Ansible or Red Hat Ansible Engine on a control node.
2. Create and manage inventories of managed hosts, as well as prepare them for Ansible automation.
3. Run individual ad hoc automation tasks from the command line.
4. Write Ansible Playbooks to consistently automate multiple tasks and apply them to managed hosts.
5. Parameterize playbooks using variables and facts, and protect sensitive data with Ansible Vault.
6. Write and reuse existing Ansible roles to simplify playbook creation and reuse code.
7. Automate common Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administration tasks using Ansible.
Pass the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) Exam (EX200), or demonstrate equivalent Red Hat Enterprise Linux knowledge and experience